February 13, 2022
Week of February 6-12
- Launched 1 project this week and have another ready to launch at the beginning of the new week
- Finished reading 2 books (The Baseball 100 and Beating Burnout at Work)
- Watched 2 webinars (What is Ableism?: Disability History & Implicit Bias 101 and WordPress Sneak Peek: Full Site Editing
- Wrote 2 posts (Weeknotes 22:05 and Showcasing Past Projects in My Office)
- Watched the finale of The Book of Boba Fett
- My son turned 18 years old
- Bought an 18′ x 24′ Chattanooga print from Anderson Design Group (I previously had a 11′ x 14′ one)
- Started working on an events calendar page and subpages for Connect2Canada
- Our team had an informal discussion about pitching at our weekly LGND Campfire
Articles I read
- Aspect Ratio is Great – Michelle Barker explores different solutions with one of the newest CSS properties,
aspect-ratio. I have used it in most of my projects over the past year.
- Before I go: When it comes to complaining about web browsers – Dave Rupert shares some thoughts on finding more productive ways to address browser issues than ranting on Twitter.
- Education is its own privilege – I enjoyed these musings from Zeldman.
What I listened to
— Jeff Bridgforth (@webcraftsman) February 7, 2022
Books I read
- The Baseball 100 – I finished this one. It was bittersweet to come to the end because I have really enjoyed reading this book over the last 6 weeks. I love baseball and this book reminded me of a lot of the reasons why it is my favorite game.
- Beating Burnout at Work: Why Team Hold The Secret to Well-Being and Resilience – I finished reading this book this week. I would highly recommend this book on the subject. A lot of good ideas for companies to think about and take responsibility to help employees to avoid rather than just putting it all on the employee to figure out.
- Telling a Better Story
- Faith for Life: Inspiration for the Ordinary Heroes of Hebrews 11
- Slugfest – I started this one late in the week. My teammate bought it for me for our secret Santa gift exchange. She knew I really liked Marvel and her husband had enjoyed reading this one. I am barely into it and really enjoying it. I do not know a lot about the history of Marvel, DC, and the comic book industry. I learned a bit from an MCU special on ABC several years ago but it is great to be reading about it. Thanks Briana.
What I watched
- What is Ableism?: Disability History & Implicit Bias 101
- WordPress Sneak Peek: Full Site Editing
- The Book of Boba Fett (Disney+) (season finale)
- Frasier (Peacock)
- Kim’s Convenience (Netflix)
- All Creatures Great & Small (PBS Masterpiece Subscription on Prime) – caught up on some episodes this week.
- Various events at the Winter Olympic Games
What I played
- MLB The Show 21 (Braves) – I won several games in my last at-bat this week.