Sketchnote: From Idea to Exit #cnc13
October 12, 2015
Last week I got to hear Natalie Downe share the story of Lanyrd, a startup that here and her husband launched while honeymooning around the world. I think there are a lot of great lessons here for anyone who would like to consider a startup in the future.
I asked her a question at the end of her talk, “what would you do differently if you could do it again?” She said a lot of things but four she mentioned were:
- she wished she had information like the talk she gave that would have provided them with more of a roadmap along the way
- she wished they had generated revenue earlier
- she wished they had not relaxed as much as they did when they had investment money
- they had abandoned the idea that if they only had A, B, C, and D, then the app would be complete. I think the idea is that they had too many ideas that they tried to do at once.
- Video of Natalie’s talk (coming soon)