I started a new project today and built my first custom React block for WordPress using what I learned in the WordPress Block Creator Course that I have been working through the past two weeks. I still need to build out the render template for the front end but it has gone smoothly so far.
Most of the obstacles that I encountered today were using the custom starter theme that my teammate Ross created last week. He is out of the office this week so it is not as easy to ask him questions when they come up. But he has been fairly responsive.
Most of the issues were a matter of me getting familiar with how he set things up. I may go back and add and delete things that are helpful to me in building a theme and how I structure my projects. I am sure day two will be a bit smoother as I become more familiar with how the theme is set up. Exercising the team value of bringing a growth mindset.